New Year, New Job!
27/12/2019 - Spider
After the Christmas festivities are over, we inevitably start to think about the New Year and our resolutions; planning your 2020 (and a new decade!), setting some goals and thinking about the direction your life or business might take. Often high up on the list is a change of job or career, which means preparation needs to start early to ensure that your business attracts the cream of the crop.
With this in mind Spider have some tips to help you to prepare for recruitment in 2020.
- Compose job descriptions for any roles you’d like to fill in the first quarter of the year.
- Research salaries for the positions to ensure that when you advertise you are competitive.
- Have a recruitment process in place, so that the procedure is slick and enables you to act quickly should a great candidate come along.
- Think about how you’re going to recruit and where. Are you going to place your own adverts or are you going to use an agency to support you?
- Have a recruitment process in place, including interview format and questions.
If you are an individual looking to further their own career in the New Year what should you be doing to put yourself ahead of the competition? The time between Christmas and New Year is a great opportunity to get yourself prepared.
- Get your CV completely up to date, so that you’re ready and raring to go.
- Update your Linkedin profile.
- Ensure your social media accounts show you in a favourable light or revise your privacy settings so that posts aren’t widely visible.
- Compile a list of companies you’d really like to work for and either send your CV to them or speak to a credible recruiter who can do the hard work for you.
- Sign up to the job boards for notifications of jobs that suit your skills.
If you’re looking to recruit or change your job in 2020, the team at Spider are available for a no-obligation chat on 01473 276146 or visit their website.
All articles on this news site are submitted by registered contributors of EssexWire. Find out how to subscribe and submit your stories here »